Creatine Supplementation: Should You Consider This Supplement?

  Creatine supplementation (CMS) has long been used by athletes and body builders wanting to build muscle mass. But could creatine help in other ways? Creatine helps the human body maintain its supply of ATP (the body’s main source of energy). 95% of total body creatine is found in the skeletal muscle. The other 5% is located in the brain … Read More

Loving Your Vegetables

    We all struggle with getting the recommended number of vegetable servings in our meals every day. Some of us even grapple with just eating vegetables because we don’t like them.Here are some strategies in prepping and loving your vegies. 

4 Foods to Avoid

    1. Canned SoupsCheck the labels carefully. They’re not always so good for you. These typically high-sodium convenience meals can also pack high levels of fat when made with cream bases. Beyond unwanted calories, canned soup also brings unhealthy preservatives. Increase your nutrients by making your own soup from scratch.2. HamThis sodium-filled meat can promote fluid retention, bloating and constipation when consumed … Read More

Face the Fats

    (Condensed from the article “Face the Fats” by Matthew Kadey, MS, RD; Fitness Journal; April, 2018)Fat plays essential roles in our bodies, including temperature control, hormone production and protection of our organs. Yet it has been demonized as dietary “Public Enemy One” being responsible for weight gain and a host of health woes.New research and popular diets are … Read More

Holiday Eating

    The holiday season is fast approaching, and with it comes increased stress and an abundance of tasty temptations. It seems inevitable that you will gain weight between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. This year use these practical ideas for enjoying favorite holiday foods without packing on the pounds.Stick to a regular schedule. The holidays can be a very hectic … Read More

Nutrition For The Golden Years

    (Condensed from an article by Jennie McCrary, MS, RD, LD; IDEA Fitness Journal; March, 2008; Pgs. 52-59)According to “The State of Aging and Health in America 2007,” a report released by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Merck Company Foundation, about 80 % of older Americans are living with at least one chronic condition, … Read More